Prince Charles Has Tested Positive for Coronavirus

Clarence House has confirmed that Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19. The 71-year-old heir to the British throne is now self-isolating at Balmoral in Scotland as a result.

A statement from Clarence House said that the Prince of Wales is displaying only mild symptoms and is otherwise in good health. The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, has been tested and does not have the virus it added. It is not known where the Prince could have contracted the virus “owing to the high number of engagements he  carried out in his public role during recent weeks,” the statement read. Charles is said to have informed his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry by phone once he received the news.

Buckingham Palace noted that Charles last saw his mother, the Queen, on March 12 however were sure to emphasize that the head of the British monarchy “remains in good health”. It was revealed that week that Queen, 93, and Prince Phillip, 98, had moved to Windsor last week as a precaution.

The news comes after Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall announced that they were postponing their royal tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan in the spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also expected to cancel their planned trip to Australia amidst the global crisis.

The post Prince Charles Has Tested Positive for Coronavirus appeared first on FASHION Magazine.


Share this post