- Vogue India offered a history of the trouser suit for women.
- The Today Show talked to Rent the Runway customers about concerns with their service, including a hold on new customers until at least Oct. 15.
- Business Insider compared Allbirds and Rothy’s as options for fashionable flats.
- Business Insider also explored Forever 21’s history from a fast-fashion favorite to the store’s recent filing for bankruptcy.
- Forbes shared an overview of size-inclusive brands.
- Refinery 29 suggested 25 elevated basics to include in your fall wardrobe.
- Reuters reported that even if cosmetics are marketed as “clean,” they might not necessarily be safe for everyone.
- The Washington Post suggested that the so-called Billy Graham rule doesn’t stop inappropriate office relationships but instead is harmful to women’s careers.
- CNBC shared advice from Twitter’s chief marketing executive to young people: Look for a job that excites, motivates, and inspires you.
- ABA Journal reported that three lawyers are among this year’s MacArthur Foundation “genius grant” recipients. The women will focus on restorative justice, cyber harassment, and alternatives to standard drug-law enforcement.
- NPR considered what has happened to men and women who’ve reported sexual harassment in the wake of #metoo and #timesup.
- Your Wishful Thinking Travel Story of the Week: CNN Travel shared the best shopping streets in Paris.
- Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s offered up the existential angst of donating your used clothing to a consignment shop where the managers are more on trend than you ever were or will be.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We shared 5 great books for working mothers.
- We took a look back in the CorporetteMoms time capsule.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.